Thursday, June 28

day 4 - silversky


silversky
Originally uploaded by lawatt
what a difference a few hours can make! after having my very bad night (see previous post), I think David and I got hit by a huge squall on our 6-9am watch, both completely soaked by heavy rain -- but the wind wasn't too bad, and the rainwater washed all the salt out of my hair, a welcome development -- and we both slept well after that, and things started to smooth out internally again.

none of us seem to remember any special foods made on day 4, although we must have eaten SOMEthing? I actually didn't write much of anything about it, although i took a bunch of photos of the late afternoon sky, like this one -- and made a small video clip, panning from the back of the boat around to the bow, so if you'd like to see what our horizons looked like, go here:
http://www.vimeo.com/224838

I think day 4 is also the day we saw two ships pass -- one in the afternoon, one much later at night -- both south of us, pretty far away, and heading west. we didn't see another ship (or any other vehicle, for that matter) for over a week. yep, it's a mighty big empty ocean out there!

No comments: